Rekalde Rugby Stand
The initial proposal for a structure in steel-concrete composite, more suited to the concept of sport, was abandoned due to the terrain. A lighter steel structure allowed for the necessary weight reduction. Concrete was retained in a composite structure only in the suspended slab, the steps (precast elements) and the access to the steps.
The structure was developed in BIM with the collaboration of the architect Marian García Alcantara, a specialist in this field with a Master’s in buildings’ structures.
- Location // Bilbao
- Structure builders // UTE Rugby Rekalde
- Year // 2019
- Collaborator // Marian García Alcántara
- Photographer // Ayuntamiento de Bilbao
- Build type // New build
- Use // Public + Sporting + Stand
- Period // 21st century
- Construction // Metallic roof + Prefabricated stand + Prefabrication
- Structure type // Steel + Mixed structure + Metal structure + Composite structure + Steel-concrete + Reinforced concrete
- Architecture // Sporting