Remodeling of Kareaga House
This project comprised the remodeling of a wooden structure to align with current regulations. XS Architects commissioned a combined wood-concrete structure, Tecnaria house performed the connector calculations and YOFRA implemented the wooden structure.
Conjoining wooden structures led to perpendicular compression of the supporting wooden beam. This was addressed by installing steel capitals.
- Location // Zarautz
- Structure builders // Yofra
- Year // 2017
- Collaborator // Peio González Lizarraga
- Build type // Rehabilitation
- Use // Residential
- Period // 18th century
- Structure // Mixed roof structure
- Structure type // Mixed + Madera y hormigón
- Architecture // Neoclassical + Heritage