Study of Eladio Laredo Building, Castro Urdiales
After carrying out a complete survey of the building and mapping the pathologies, we visited the municipal archive to gather historical information. With the information from the archive and that provided by the owners, a complete structural analysis was carried out. This analysis was able to identify the probable causes of almost all the observed symptoms, and the real risk to the property and its parts was estimated.
This allowed us to set out a complete proposal of interventions, prioritized by urgency, to fully repair the observed damage. In parallel an instrumentation was proposed to measure the key points of the building and observe its evolution.
- Location // Castro Urdiales
- Year // 2020
- Photography // Iñigo Ibáñez Udaondo
- Build type // Consultancy
- Use // Residential + Dwelling
- Period // 19th – 20th centuries
- Structure type // Wood + Stone
- Construction // Traditional construction + Structural stability
- Architecture // Historic architecture + Modernism + Heritage